Avian Influenza Audio / Video
- ABC News Getting Ready For A Pandemic
- HHS Sec. Michael Leavitt Speech at AMA National Advocacy Conference Real Player 3/13/06
- Bird Flu, the Next World Pandemic?
To the Point: Hosted by Warren Olney. KCRI and Public Radio International. Feb 23, 2006. Guests are Dick Thompson, Joseph Domenech, Laurie Garrett, Michael Osterholm, Marc Siegel.
- Word Economic Forum Davos, Jan 2006 – multiple podcasts
- Update on Avian Flu Scott Dowell, MD CDC Dec 6, 2005 PowerPoint presentation
- Prepared and Protected - Infection Control and Personal Protective Equipment for Respiratory Diseases
Australia Dept of Health and Ageing. For slow or fast internet connections. Transcripts and dvd available.
- NPR – How Would U.S. Respond to Flu Pandemic? Talk of the Nation, October 14, 2005. Guest: Micheal Osterholm
- NPR – 1918 Virus Could Hold Lessons for Avian Flu Talk of the Nation, October 7, 2005; includes Jeffrey Taubenberger, chair, Department of Molecular Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
- Nightline Program on Pandemic Flu
aired on September 29, 2005. Audio of ABC news broadcast, Michael Osterholm and others are interviewed by Ted Koppel.
Dr. Michael T. Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), and Peter Aldhous, Chief News & Features Editor Nature Magazine, speak to WNYC’s Leonard Lopate on July 14, 2005. 30 minutes packed with information. A truly excellent and authoritative introduction to the issues.
listen (mp3 stream) · download (12.4 MB)
- Emerging Pandemic: Costs and Consequences of an Avian Influenza Pandemic Outbreak web cast of presentations by Dr. Michael Osterholm, Director of CIDRAP, and Helen Branswell, Medical Writer with the Canadian Press Agency. This event took place on Sep 19, 2005 at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington, DC. Links to audio and video streams of the event are provided.
event summary · Dr Osterholm’s presentation (ppt) · ext link to downloadable wmv file of the webcast
- Audio & Photomontage on the Next Killer Flu
from the October 2005 issue of the National Geographic
- PBS Wideangle: Avian Influenza (Sep 2005)
this PBS minisite includes an interactive map feature, a photo essay, filmmaker’s notes and an online trailer
- On the Frontlines of Influenza Research
requires Real Player
- Avian Influenza - A Global Threat (2002)
Streaming online video of an 11 minute film on the pandemic threat by the European Science Working group on Influenza. (windows media file)
- Pandemic Influenza - Alabama Public Health Training Network
2004, 2 hours, requires realplayer
- FAO Special Report – Avian Influenza
videos showing clinical signs of AI in a variety of avian species, laboratory procedures and disposal procedures
- MARINA’s Pandemic Podcast
MARINA’s Pandemic Podcast is an interactive walking, health, and news show bringing you questions and interviews regarding the imminent Avian Bird Flu H5N1 Pandemic